The University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, is the leading Institution of the EUR ArChal Project. Paris 1 is a major university hosting three groups of fields: Economic and Management Sciences, Human Arts and Sciences, and Law and Political Sciences. The research policy of UP1PS relies on a web of scientific groups and the University continues the tradition of excellence inherited from its prestigious history, such as on-going renewal of research and teaching subjects and methodologies. The professors and researchers are divided into 36 research teams, 23 of which are collaborative efforts with the CNRS (National Scientific Research Centre) and/or the IRD (Research Institute for Development). The University is also involved in major exchange networks with 128 international agreements signed to date.
The research professors in Archaeology are divided into 5 Mixed Research Units in collaboration with UP1PS-CNRS:
- UMR 7041 ArScAN – Archeology and Sciences of Antiquity
- UMR 8096 ArchAm – Archaeology of the Americas
- UMR 8215 Trajectories. From Sedentarisation to the State
- UMR 8167 Orient & Mediterranean
- UMR 8589 LAMOP – Laboratory for Western Medieval Studies of Paris